Some residents of Morganstown will be receiving notification letters from Cardiff Council regarding upcoming works to apply a “Micro Asphalt Surface Treatment” to the highway in some streets in this area.
The work is currently scheduled to take 2 days (0800 – 1800) from Thursday 30 September 2021 although the exact dates will be displayed on site 3 days before commencement of works. Scheduled works can also be affected by weather conditions.
The roads affected include:
- Heol Syr Lewis
- Garth Close
According to the Council webpage on Highway improvements:
What is happening?
Why is this being done?
- It will seal the surface and restore skid resistance.
- It will keep the road surface in good condition and considerably extended the life of the road.
- It is fast and efficient and will minimise inconvenience to the public.
- It is sustainable as no material is removed from the road.
- Research shows that it is a very cost-effective treatment when applied at the correct time.
What does the work involve?
- Signs will be erected by the contractor advising of the treatment date.
- The road is swept clean.
- Manholes, kerbs and drainage gully’s etc. are covered with protective tape.
- The road is closed to traffic, although access will be maintained to residents where possible.
- The micro asphalt is applied; this may be in one or two coats depending on the roads existing condition.
- A one hour “setting” time is allowed.
- The road is reopened to traffic.
- The road is swept to remove any loose stone.
- Where required, within one week manholes will be adjusted to suit new levels.
- Within one week the white lines are re-laid.
- In two weeks the road will be re-swept to remove any loose stones.
How long will it take?
What should I do?
- Please do not allow your children or pets to play around the machines or on the newly laid
- surface for 2 hours after completionBefore entering your home or getting into your car ensure all shoes are free from bitumen or stones.
- Please observe No Parking restrictions.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your co-operation in helping us carry out the necessary work.